Saturday, January 12, 2008

it's been a while

it has been a while since i have even been able to catch up on my reading of other's blogs or post one myself. there have been many miles between my last blog and this one. christmas was wild. i was that mom that i never thought i would be and i got my 9year old son a cell phone, he was so excited and has been really responsible with it so far. rick and i told him that we would put $20 a month on it (it is prepaid) then anything above and beyond that he would have to pay for and when it is out of minutes he can't use it anymore so he has been really careful with it. i mean really who does he have to talk to that much!!! he has been enjoying sending texts to his far away cousins and stuff. the other 2 have been thrilled with what they got too josiah is enjoying the heck out of the xbox 360 and zion loves her huge doll house and smart cycle. it went really well for the kids. as for me..... i am really trying to be greatful for what i did get but the man in my life gave me house shoes!!!! my sisters and parents did good they always do, i am greatful for my family and my friends and greatful that i had the ability to make the day good for my kids and stuff. i would have been fine if he didn't get my anything but freakin' house shoes???? i'm not sure why it made me so angry!!
i did much traveling over new years as i had to trek all the way to arkansas for my family's christmas. me alone with 3 kids on an 11 hour car trip where the dvd player never really worked that great. it wasn't so bad they did really well on the way down and we broke up the trip where we stayed in west tn for a night then went the rest of the way the next day, it wasn't so bad but the way home the last 5 hours of the trip was painful!!! the kids were exhausted, bored and obviously needed to pee constantly. we stopped no less than 5000 times just from nashville to knoxville. it was great when we got home cause i got the car unloaded then left the house leaving rick to take care of the kids since he had had that week off and i went and got a mani pedi. i decided that since my rotten sorry no good cheatin husband had gotten me house shoes for christmas i would be good to myself for my christmas present to me and it was wonderful and well deserved!!

2 comments:

skottikus said...

Look at the bright side... He gave you shoes, and they have soles... You can representatively trample his soul (house shoes) every time you wear them... :)

Scott

P.S. Were they Isotoner - because those rock.

Aprille Roberts said...

Good for you! I'm so glad you went out and had some pampering time just for you! A manicure AND a pedicure, well, it just doesn't get much better than that! Glad ya'll are home safe. you should post a pic of the house shoes so next to this post, that would be classic!